B&Q have provided full visibility of their first tier supply chain. The processing sites for 96% of the product range have been identified. Transparency to quarry is currently being confirmed.
TFT are continuing to work with B&Q and their suppliers to achieve full transparency to factory and quarry level in all of their natural stone supply chains.
- Transparency to first tier – 100%
- Transparency to factories – 96%
- Transparency to quarries – TBC
In 2014/15, the focus was on conducting baseline assessments and helping the sites that have been identified to improve working conditions. Some of this work has been done directly through B&Q, and at other times work plans were put in place through suppliers. B&Q demonstrated pro-active support in all of the work plans, and have communicated the RSP principles and requirements to all suppliers.
In 2016 we will work with B&Q and their suppliers to:
- Ensure the existing sites are operating to Level 1 of the RSP code, with more regular visits.
- Establishing greater visibility of quarries and increasing the number of baseline assessments at these sites.
- Helping one supplier to develop due diligence processes that it can apply across its own supply chain.