Sorry, we currently do not have any posts to display here yet. Please check back later.
What we do
How we work with E.Leclerc on Palm Oil
In regards to palm oil, the retailer has been working on private brand products to reduce its footprint and they have also been working on certification sourcing. Now, the objective is to work with them on their supply chain in order to reach no deforestation palm oil sourcing.
The work we are doing on palm oil covers several points:
- Footprint : to keep updating the footprint every year to monitor how much volume is involved
- Traceability: to collect information in order to get 100% traceability back to the first importer on food and non-food own brand products with the help of Scamark. E. Leclerc started by sending a questionnaire to the 20/80 suppliers and asking them for visibility of their supply chain. This enquiry is done by Scamark directly to the suppliers and checked with TFT. This exercise is repeated each year with the newly selected suppliers
- Transformation: to evaluate the key players in the supply chain in regard to implementing policy and gather guarantees that they are doing responsible sourcing in adherence with the no deforestation definition. Collect the transparency guarantee from these players to ensure the implementation plan is progressing
The E. Leclerc action plan covers 3 main points:
- Engage with all first level importers and tell them about their commitment. This way the supply chain is aware that there is still a demand for no deforestation and no exploitation
- Focus on one, main first level importer in their supply chain. Assuming they do not have any commitments the objective is to make sure that they do have similar policies on no deforestation and no exploitation
- Introduce an action plan in line with TFT’s recommendations
How we work with E.Leclerc on Wood
We have been working with E.Leclerc on responsible wood sourcing, starting by reaching 100% of responsible tropical wood* for outside furniture in 2013. (*FSC certified)
In 2010, we worked with E.Leclerc on a forest policy that defined objectives and action plans necessary to achieve sustainable wood sourcing.
Our work with E.Leclerc is to achieve responsible wood sourcing. The action plan is as follows:
- Outdoor furniture wood first (achieved)
- Tropical ’s objective is to reach 100% responsible sourcing* on tropical wood by end of 2016 (*FSC certified)
Non tropical wood objectives:
- A minimum of certified PEFC for any wood coming into their supply chain
- If TFT consider that PEFC certification from certain sources is not robust enough then E Leclerc will work , together with TFT, to produce an action plan. Currently they are gathering the necessary data to fully understand the supply chain position
How we work with E. Leclerc on Charcoal
We have been working with E.Leclerc for 5 years on charcoal. We have been working with E.Leclerc on responsible wood sourcing types through SIPLEC and through GALEC.
A total of 4 suppliers have been selected to supply E.Leclerc.
Our workplan 2017 is :
- Get the traceability from suppliers up to the forest
- Get volumes bought
- Action plan follow up with suppliers to check wood policy compliance.
E.Leclerc and TFT have been working hand in hand in order for the suppliers to commit and for TFT to go on site.