Nestlé’s Benjamin Ware talks about Nestlé’s approach.
TFT’s Scott Poynton recalls how TFT began working with Nestlé.
Pulp and paper
How we work with Nestle on pulp and paper
TFT is supporting Nestlé to implement its Responsible Sourcing Guidelines (RSG) on Pulp and Paper in 13 of their key markets around the world. These include USA, Europe, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Central West Africa (CWAR) China, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia and Japan.
Progress on the 2016 workplan
The targets for total scope (1.46 Mio MT) of Nestle’s Pulp and Paper in 2016 were:
- 80% traceable at least to country of harvest (COH) : achieved 76%
- 60% responsibly sourced : achieved 55%
Summary of 2017 workplan
In 2017 TFT and Nestle are focussing activities on the following elements in all 13 markets/countries:
- Supply Chain Mapping Refresh – supply chain mapping refresh to be completed for key priority suppliers in the 13 engaged markets to achieve supply chain transparency to at least country of harvest (COH)
- Fibre Analysis – updated supply chain data shall be used to prioritise implementation activities with key suppliers of ‘virgin’ fibre and high priority geographies
- RSG Implementation – supplier engagement, field assessments and follow up visits with priority supplier and high profile geographies with a focus for transformation and verification activities
- Reporting – TFT shall report quarterly on progress in the different markets/countries with at least two in person update meetings for H1 review and annual update
The targets for total scope (1.46 Mio MT) of Nestle’s Pulp and Paper in 2017 are:
- 80% traceable at least to country of harvest (COH)
- 60% responsibly sourced