How we work with Vandemoortele on Palm Oil
We are supporting Vandemoortele in achieving its palm oil commitment. The work plan has been divided into two phases:
- A first phase of transparency: better understanding of Vandemoortele’s current supply chain, including commitment and practices of suppliers to meet the policy.
- A second phase of transformation: where we will collectively work with Vandemoortele and its suppliers to implement action plans, and support them to make any required improvements.
Vandemoortele has committed to publicly report on progress every year on its corporate website.
Together with Vandemoortele and suppliers, we have reached 94.10% traceability back to the mill at the end of 2015 (see more in Vandemoortele Progress Report).
In 2016, TFT and Vandemoortele will work towards several activities:
- Continue working towards achieving 100% traceability
- Quarterly data collection, aggregation, checks and calculations
- Quarterly mill traceability reporting through a standardised template so internal Vandemoortele teams can use it
- Build stronger traceability: get the nodes in between mills and supplier refineries
- Answer customer questionnaire and build internal capacities (dynamic FAQ)
- Monitor suppliers’ commitment and progress on beyond traceability
- Support to one supplier: supply base analysis
- Recommendations for 2017 plan: how to support transformation (suppliers, smallholders projects etc.)