PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
THE FOREST TRUST (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is The Forest Trust of The Pavilion, Botleigh Grange Business Park, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 2AF.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give to us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on http://www.tft-transparency.org/ (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
(a) Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
(b) Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any email address you use to contact our customer service address.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
(a) To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
(b) To keep track of user activity on our site
- Information we collect from you. We will use this information:
(a) To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
(b) To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
(c) To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
(d) As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share the information you give to us and/or the information we collect from you with selected third parties including:
- Our relevant business partners for the performance of any contract we have entered or will enter into with them.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use accepted procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners and independent third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.